Built in 1905 to a design by Walker and Ramsay, the hall has fallen into disuse over the last ten years and water penetration has led to extensive dry rot outbreaks. We worked with East Dunbartonshire Council to complete holding phase works while funding is raised to fully restore the building as a centre of activity of the people of Kirkintilloch.
The work was carried out by Clark Contracts and comprised removal of all rotten timbers, splicing in new rafters and support joists. Windows were sealed and vented and all the roofs, gutters and downpipes renewed. The leadwork to the turret was replaced and the missing spire reinstated. We removed previous cement repairs and repointed in lime mortar.