Restoration of a Category B listed Victorian villa with a new extension to provide offices and training facilities for the Royal College of Nursing (RCN).
The villa, built around 1860 and extended in 1880, was originally occupied by the College of Agriculture. The RCN needed a Scottish headquarters for training, offices, meetings as well as housing the UK national archives and a library.
We designed a sympathetic new stone extension, wheelchair access to all ground floor rooms and a covered walkway to link restored training workshops to the offices.
Original decoration was uncovered in the hallway and completely restored along with the tessellated flooring, decorative plasterwork and etched glass. We specified all the interior decoration, lighting and furniture.